The kids thought it would be fun to have our first day of school at the community center near our house, so we packed up their backpacks and walked over. Before they settled down to business, I got some cute "First Day of School" photos.
You can't tell the Talbot Tribe not to touch hot surfaces! We do what we want! They were really excited to start school, but they were equally excited to have "mug-shot" style photos.
Our first week went really well. The girls are using Teaching Textbooks and Learning Language Arts Through Literature. Aiden is using CTC Math and Word Roots. They are all doing grammar through Khan, piano lessons with Hoffman Academy, and we are still using Latter-day Learning for geography, history, literature, music, and art.
Our week ended by closing out a short geography unit. We talked about mathmatical geography, and made topographical maps of the state we currently live in - Arizona.
From left to right: Aiden, Lillie, Reagan
I'm not sure if the clay spread on the girls' maps or what, but the state of Arizona sort of looks weird on theirs. Also, apparently Reagan thinks there are large holes in the plateaus of the state (she knows there aren't, but finds the idea interesting). Lillie, shocking no one, sprinkled glitter over her desert.
Over-all I think they did a great job on their first project of the school year, and I'm excited to see what is on the horizon.





No comments:
Post a Comment